Friday, September 10, 2010

PROUD big sister and brother

Can you see the anticipation of getting to hold this baby we have talked about for so long?  I have to brag on my kids.  They have AMAZED me with the birth of their brother.  Well, Luke has amazed me----I expected nothing less from Sophie as she is so sweet and nurturing already.  They have been so great!  You really can't see what is on their shirts in these pictures, but I ordered shirts that say Big Brother Luke and Big Sister Sophie---so adorable!  They were so proud to wear them.   We let Sophie miss school because it just wouldn't be fair for Luke to get to meet the baby before Sophie.  We planned to let Sophie and Luke tell everyone the name, but because of the unexpected nature of the birth day, it didn't work out that way.  I don't think they minded though!

Here is my girl holding her SECOND brother.  I had people make comments about poor Sophie having two brothers.  I think people assumed she would want a sister, but she actually wanted another brother!  Her explanation was that she wanted to be the only girl and didn't want to "share" me with a sister---so sweet!  Let me tell you, these boys are SUPER SUPER lucky to have this girl as a big sister.  She has one of the sweetest spirits EVER and gives everything she has to her friends and siblings!  The things she has let Luke get away with over the years just never ceases to amaze me.  He can take something away from her and instead of getting upset and fighting with him she will let him have what he wants.  She knows exactly what to say to him when he is about to have a meltdown and distracts him from it most of the time.  I love this "big sister"!!!!

Luke's turn!!!

This little mister has made me so proud lately.  He has seriously grown up so much in the past couple of months.  I love going out and doing things with him---he is sweet and considerate and SO MUCH FUN to be around! 

I have to tell this story:  When we first told the kids about expecting a baby, Luke's reaction was uh....not all that nice.  He made it very clear to everyone that asked him he did NOT want a baby.  He told me he was going to hide under the bed when the baby comes and stay there until the baby is gone.  Any time anyone asked him about getting a baby brother, he growled at them (right, Fort family?!)   He slowly started to come around and not get so crazy when asked about his baby brother.  The shirt he had been rejecting for so long that said greatest big brother, was not so appalling to him anymore.  In fact, a few weeks before the birth, he WORE it by his own choice!  I can't wait to see how Luke and Oliver will get along when they are older.  I love watching brothers and the relationship that they have.  I love our family!

                                    

Here is Sophie: "Are we done with this yet?"  ha ha

Congratulations Sophie and Luke on your new baby brother.  You two have made me one proud mama and Oliver is so stinkin' lucky to get you guys as older siblings to "show him the ropes"  Congratulations Oliver on getting the best big brother and big sister EVER and you are in for one wild ride, little man!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

SO cute!! They are great big siblings! Oliver is VERY lucky to have them!

twondra said...

Awwwww, so precious and so cute! I agree with you...he's very lucky and Sophie definitely has such a sweet, nurturing soul. I miss her. :)