Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of school

Sophie is now a big second grader!  Wow.  I don't think I will EVER get over this girl growing up.   I think it is going to be a GREAT year!  She has the sweetest teacher ever (this teacher had Hannah and Harrison and already *knows* Sophie)  This year, Sophie wouldn't let me take any pictures of her actually inside the school.  I was disappointed, but didn't fuss over her (too much).  Here she is the morning of:

Luke wasn't too happy that she was going to school and he wasn't, but he quickly got over it.  This brings me to Luke's first day of school. 

The next day was Luke's first day.  Actually, it is the LAST first day of preschool.  This makes me so sad!  I don't even want to know how I am going to react when I drop him off for kindergarten next year.  I know he is ready and loves school, but it is just so hard to leave my babies all day.  Anyway, this year is quite different from last year.  Last year, it was all about coloring and playing and making art crafts.  This year, they do worksheet after worksheet after worksheet.  I am not happy about this, and had I known it was going to be this way, I would have made a different choice about preschool.  I didn't know though, so here we are.  Luke actually LOVES sitting and doing worksheets (who would have thought!)  So I will  leave him be and try to chill about it.  He is already writing his name so well and his numbers too, so he is learning something.  I just don't want him to have to grow up faster than absolutely necessary.  Four year olds should play.  Off my soapbox now...  Here he is on his first day:
 And here he is with Kate and Landan.  Aren't they cute?  We made them smile while facing the sun...oops!
 Luke and Kate.  These kids have been in everything together.  Mother's Day Out, church, bible study, even gymnastics!  This year, Kate is taking dance...I am happy to say that Luke will NOT be joining her in that adventure ;)  These guys are so cute together and I am having so much fun watching them grow together.  What a blessing it is to have my best friend's children grow up with mine and actually like each other.  Hopefully this will last forever....though not sure how they will feel about the arranged marriages we have planned!  heh heh heh

Happy school year little ones!  I know it is going to be a great one!

No comments: