Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer in one post


Wow did the summer go by quickly! It seems like I was just telling everyone how excited I was to have my girl home with me for a while, and now she is back in school already! I can't believe how fast it went. We had a pretty busy summer. In June, we had VBS at our church. This was fun for the kids....for me....not so much. It's not that I don't enjoy "teaching" children. It is difficult for me to call it that though, when it is a class of 2-3 year olds. We (by we I mean me and who else, my partner in crime of course---Lindsay!) changed diapers, sang goofy made up songs, did strange and messy artwork, cleaned up a few accidents, broke up LOTS of fights and prayed. We prayed for the week to go by fast. I don't have any pictures of this wonderful experience, but if I did, it would show both of us pulling out our hair. Also our kids were tired and cranky from getting up so early every day and staying so long. I am glad we did it, but was glad for it to be over!


Another thing that happened this summer---I lost a sweet client. I got the call on my way to work and nearly had a wreck. It was such a shock. J, was a sweet two year old boy and I had become so incredibly attached to him. I would get so excited on the days he was coming because I just loved him so much. He was getting speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy for issues occurring due to severe prematurity (24 weeks). He had a trach that I think was expected to come out in the near future and a good prognosis. I am still not completely sure what happened, but I saw him for therapy one day and the next day he was gone. Everyone at work was very upset and we all just cried---so so sad. I have never lost a client before. I am comforted knowing he is in heaven, with a heavenly perfect body.



We swam a lot, took many trips to Target, and went to work. Luke and Sophie got dragged along with me to work, but did have some fun on the field trips. We got to have a few play dates with friends we don't get to see very often, and that was fun too.



In July, we did a family vacation trial run. This was to see how our kids would do on vacation---if they did well, we would plan a trip to Florida for next summer. They did do very well and are already looking forward to next summer! We stayed at a hotel in Galveston for two nights and went to Moody Gardens and spent afternoon/evenings on the beach. It was so perfect and so relaxing. The kiddos were VERY well behaved and slept really really well in the hotel room. I am so glad we went because it was the perfect thing and just what we all needed.



Also this summer we started getting our house "move ready." This meant minor repairs which turned into more than just minor repairs. We thought we would be moved by the end of the summer, and here it is almost September and we are almost done with the last of the painting. We will see how long it takes to actually get this thing on the market.



Here are some random summer pictures to wrap up my summer post.


Zac showing Luke how to swing with his first set of golf clubs. They are so adorable---they come With their own little bag and everything. Luke kept asking for a "pink" bag, but Zac wasn't having any of that. He refused to buy Luke clubs until he agreed on a more umm... neutral color. I guess one of the many fun things of having an older sister! Loving pink!



Luke insisted on playing his own way. He was holding the clubs really oddly. This was driving Zac crazy (if you know Zac, I am sure you can imagine) Hopefully he will also grow out of that.

Here we are watching the annual Friendswood 4th of July parade. Doesn't my husband look thrilled to be there?







My kids acting silly while waiting for the fireworks to start!


A couple of vacation pictures. Sophie on the beach, Luke on the beach, and a picture of Zac and Sophie at breakfast one morning.

Sophie and Luke swimming. We did this A LOT over the summer at Mimi's pool. This is free entertainment! Not so relaxing with two children, but free and fun and and added bonus, the kids get REALLY tired and sleep very well afterwards.

7 comments:

twondra said...

Awwww, absolutely love all the pictures and love to hear about your summer! I'm so glad you're blogging again. I've sure missed seeing pictures of the kids and hearing about them....oh, and you and Zac of course. :)

twondra said...

You have an award on my blog. :) Thanks for your support!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I am in your same situation. I induced at 26 weeks. email me at garconnie@hotmail.com and I will tell you my story!

Becky said...

I read your thread on MckMama's blogfrog. I wish I could reach through the computer and love on you. (Ok, that sounded kind of creepy, but I hope you know what I mean.) I have talked with several that have dealt with similar situations and would love to talk with you further. Check out my blog and you can email me or contact me there. You are carrying a heavy load that needs to be lifted!

twondra said...

I nominated you for an award! Check out my blog. :)

MeeMee said...

I love your blog...the pictures and comments are priceless!

Of course the part obout Memo was special, but so hard to read. I have those same feelings everytime I drive up there. Each road sign brings back memories.

MeeMee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.