Thursday, September 30, 2010

Close up

This totally looks like a mug shot.  I just realized how bad the quality is, but oh well.   I must start seriously looking for a fancy new camera, but *new* luxuries are not too high on the priority list right now if you know what I mean! 

Take a look at this face!  Can you see the itty bitty chubby cheeks starting to form?  Yes I do believe he is gaining weight and fattening up!  He had a weight check a week ago and was still not up to his birth weight, but something tells me he will be tomorrow when we have it checked again.  I have to say, I am getting so tired of pumping and nursing around the clock.  Talk about feeling like a COW!  Wow.... I would do anything for this little guy though---he has definitely stolen my heart.  This little guy is so calm.  I was so afraid he might be like Sophie was when she was a baby.  She screamed the entire first three months of life (then she was a dream, of course).  This was okay (though during this time I might not have said that) when I just had her because there were no other kids to tend to.  I took her on car rides and she screamed, I bounced her and she screamed, I put her in the swing and she screamed, you get the picture.   This sweet little boy never screams.  I think he knows there would be no point since mama has to take care of the other two children too! 

Oliver is one month old today!  He is so much more alert now and I love looking into his beautiful eyes when he is looking around and staring at me.  He is trying to hold his head up and does a pretty good job when placed on his tummy.  He is still not too fond of baths, but he is a boy so I think that is why :)    I could just sit and stare at this little guy all day---I wish I could!

So who do you think he looks like?  We are still getting strong Sophie vibes, but I think he is starting to look more like hi own little person as he is growing.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog! I also had read yours a while back....I guess it must have been before Molly was born, since you haven't updated it in October. What a scary situation having to go back up to the ER when Oliver was so tiny. Thankfully it ended up being nothing serious. And....I was the same way when it came to pictures of me in the hospital. I looked horrible in almost every one! :) Oh well, I guess there are much more important things than that!

Hope to see you again before too long!