Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I haven't blogged because...

Can you see it?  This is the sweet little profile of unnamed baby BOY Mooney!!!   He will be here in early September if everything goes well! 

I *knew* I was pregnant before I even took the test.  I think, when you have been pregnant 5 times like I have, it becomes easier to read your body.  I got a positive pregnancy test the day before our 9th anniversary and thought it would be a fun thing to give Zac as a present.  So....January 6th, I stuck the test that said "pregnant" in the bottom of his gift bag.   He wasn't as excited as I wanted him to be.  He never is----I want him to jump up and down and do cartwheels.  It has taken me so long to realize that it is quite a bit different for him, as he can't feel it and doesn't really let it sink in until the day we have the baby and he is holding him/her in his arms.   Anyway, so we are pregnant!

I haven't blogged since then because I was so afraid that the minute I did, something bad would happen.  If you know a little bit about our history, you know we have had one full term loss, one loss at 20 weeks, and an early miscarriage.   I wanted to make sure it was okay before I started blogging about it, and since it pretty much consumed my thoughts, it was hard to get on the computer and blog about anything else!

Our first "big" ultrasound was at 16 weeks.  This is when the kidneys start to take over and make the fluid around the baby.  Everything looked great!  I felt relieved, but we wouldn't be totally relieved until the 20 week ultrasound.  The 20 week ultrasound looked perfect too!  We are so excited!  It is going to be so busy around here.  Zac is starting LAW SCHOOL in the fall and we will have two kiddos and a newborn! 

I have so much to blog about----so much has happened since New Year's!  Here is to hoping I can get caught up soon and stay that way!

2 comments:

twondra said...

I get so excited when you update!!! I know, I'm a geek. :)

So happy things are going well for you!!! Love you!!

Unknown said...

YEA!!! So exciting! Saying lots of prayers for you, the baby, and the whole family.